plastic waste management
The initiative aims to establish environment-friendly plastic waste disposal solutions. In the process it seeks to ban the use of plastic bags and plastic products, and reduce plastic littering across the state. It has been observed that disposal of plastic waste is a serious concern due to improper collection and segregation system. Only 60% of the plastic produced is recycled, balance 9400 Tones of plastic is left unattended in environment causing land, air and water pollution
All manufacturers, either of Indian or foreign origin can apply for the Plastic licence.In case of foreign manufacturer license will be granted to the manufacturer and the Indian counterpart of the manufacturer will act as it’s Indian Representative. The Indian representative of the manufacturer must have a valid state drugs license under Form 20-B/21-B or Form 42 ( applied under Form 41 ) as per the latest guidelines released by CDSCO.
1. Units Engaged in Processing or Recycling of Plastic Waste
2. Producers or Brand Owners of plastic products
3. Manufacturers of Plastic Raw Materials
The Plastic Waste Management Rules, 2016 make an arrangement to reduce the negative impact on the environment-related to plastic waste, if we talk about these days scenario plastic is a vital material and almost impossible to ban. Under the PWM rules, authorities such Urban Local Bodies should provide separate collection, storage, and processing of plastic waste in respected areas.
1. Plastic has reached in a rural area and therefore it expands the jurisdiction of applicability from the
municipal area to rural areas
2. To set responsibilities to producer and generator of plastic waste to take back waste from the market in respect of their target as Extended producer responsibility (EPR)
3. To promote use of plastic waste for road construction as per Indian Road Congress guidelines or energy recovery, or waste to oil etc.
4. Monitor and facilitate to use of more than 50 micron plastic carry bag
5. To create awareness in the civil societies to minimize the use of plastic , etc.
Timeline : Approx 6-8 weeks after submission of application.
Validity : It is granted for 5 years initially and has to be renewed after that by paying the government fees.
As Plastic Waste Management registration consultants, our job is to ensure that the tiring procedures that we have listed above become a cake-walk for you. Right from the beginning i.e. from the stage of collection of documents from the foreign manufacturers or preparation of documents for the Indian manufacturer and following up with the department for grant of license is under our scope.