Mandatory Testing and Certification of Telecom Equipments (MTCTE)
The Indian Telegraph (Amendment) Rules, 2017, provides that every telecom equipment must undergo mandatory testing and certification prior to sale, import of use in India. The final detailed procedure for Mandatory Testing and Certification of Telecom Equipments (MTCTE) under these rules has been notified separately. The testing is to be carried out for conformance to Essential Requirements for the equipment, by Indian Accredited Labs designated by TEC and based upon their test reports, certificate shall be issued by TEC.
MTCTE related updates/ clarifications:
1.) It is clarified that COTS servers are presently not covered by MTCTE. Application Server and Media Server, for which ERs are put on hold are also not covered by MTCTE. However, as and when notification related to Security Requirements for any equipment is issued, the equipment will come (with proper notification) within purview of MTCTE irrespective of it being dedicated hardware based or server based.
2.) It is also clarified that Mobile Handsets including Tablets (with or without SIM) are within the purview of MTCTE. Any change in this status like de-notification from CRS list and related detailed modalities shall be notified after these are settled between DoT and MEITY.
3.) The MTCTE portal is available for trial. Formal notification of dates from which applications shall be accepted on portal shall be notified separately. For trial, user may change the fee amount from indicated value to ₹ 1 and proceed.
4.) Clinical Trial on medical devices division
5.) If a user completes his application and report upload in full on the trial portal, he may inform at firstname.lastname@example.org. A trial certificate will be issued for the product.
6.) The updated TEC Logo has been uploaded on https://www.mtcte.tec.gov.in/downloads. Please refer to the logo for labeling requirements of equipments under MTCTE.
The Department of Telecom has made mandatory Telecom products certification in India, for which we are one of the most prominent TEC consultants in India. As one of the Telecom product certification consultants we assist all the telecom manufacturers to adhere to their licence requirements in india.
Who can apply for MTCTE certificate ?
Any Indian Company which is the manufacturer/importer/major distributor or company authorised by foreign OEM will be ultimate
applicant for the MTCTE application.
What are the basic requirements for the MTCTE Certificate?
- Authorised Signatory from Authorised Indian Company
- In case of Foreign OEM
- Foreign OEM needs to appoint Indian Company to act as Representative for MTCTE certification procedure.
- In case of Indian Manufacturer
- Manufacturer based in India needs to provide their legal documents for the registration on portal.
- Product with Valid Test report from Indian labs designated by TEC.
Brand / Trademark Details
- How to get TEC – MTCTE Certificate ?
Things comes under TEC certification
- All types of the Cordless Telephones are covered under the mandatory certification scheme of TEC Phase-1 products
- Modems and routers are covered under the mandatory certification scheme of TEC Phase-1 products
- ISDN CPE machines are covered under the mandatory certification scheme of TEC Phase-1 products
- G3 Fax machines are covered under the mandatory certification scheme of TEC Phase-1 products.
- PABX machines are covered under the mandatory certification scheme of TEC Phase-1 products
Role of Sun Consultants & Engineers as TEC consultants:
As TEC registration consultants, our job is to ensure that the tiring procedures that we have listed above become a cake-walk for you. Right from the beginning i.e. from the stage of collection of documents from the foreign manufacturers or preparation of documents for the Indian manufacturer and following up with the department for grant of license is under our scope.
We are one of the most experienced TEC consultants in the field of medical products,we provide apex quality of services possible to all our national and international clients.